This year we are really trying to make Christmas extra special. Maybe it’s because it’s the first year our 3 year old really seems to be getting it, but we are making the most of every festive opportunity.
For me this has meant starting to spend a bit more time in the kitchen and doing some festive baking. Yesterday I had a go at making something I’ve never made before, a bit of fudge. Peanut butter fudge!
500g dark brown sugar
250g crunchy peanut butter
1 vanilla pod (seeds only)
300g icing sugar
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat.
2. Stir in the brown sugar and milk, and bring to the boil for 3-4 minutes without stirring.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter and vanilla seeds.
4. Place the icing sugar in a large bowl and pour the hot mixture on top. Using a wooden spoon, beat until smooth.
5. Pour into a square baking tray, and set aside to cool slightly before placing in the fridge to chill completely (this will probably take overnight).
6. Cut the fudge into squares with a sharp knife and store in an airtight container.
Such a simple recipe but so delicious once it’s done. Perfect for a Christmas treat for yourself or a lovely homemade gift for someone when presented in a glass jar with a bit of ribbon to jazz it up.
Happy Christmas baking!