I’ve had the Primrose Bakery cook book for about 4 years and have only made one recipe from it. At the moment I’m on a little bit of a mission to make more things from scratch so when hubby said he fancied a “healthy” dessert on Friday I said I’d make one rather than buying something from the shop.
So after a quick flick through my unused cook books I settled for these.
Ingredients (makes approx. 12 cupcakes)
110g unsalted butter (room temperature)
120g light soft brown sugar
175g clear honey
2 large eggs
220g sifted plain flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
65 ml semi-skimmed milk (room temperature)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
65 ml low fat plain yoghurt
1. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius/180 fan/350 degrees Fahrenheit/Gas Mark 4, and line a cupcake tin with cases.
2. Cream together the butter, sugar and honey with an electric hand mixer until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing for a few minutes after each one.
3. In a separate bowl combine the flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and salt, whilst in a second bowl combine the milk, vanilla extract and yoghurt.
4. Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the creamed mixture and beat well. Pour in 1/3 of the milk and yoghurt and beat again. Repeat until all the flour and milk has been added.
5. Fold in the granola until it is evenly distributed.
6. Spoon the mixture into the cases and bake for about 25 minutes (I’d check after 20 just to make sure). To check they are cooked insert a skewer into the centre of one of the cakes. If they are done it should come out clean.
Once they are ready, allow to cool and please do enjoy at least one warm (so yummy) and the rest will keep for a few days in a Tupperware.
As someone who regularly runs out of the house with just a cup of tea to keep me going these are perfect for popping in my bag to eat as breakfast either whilst I’m stuck in traffic on the commute or at my desk, if I ever manage to make it in early enough!
I love cupcakes and muffins with granola in and this recipe sounds great, I’ll have to try it! x
Donna recently posted…Foodie Product Round-Up
I’d never tried it before but these were delicious, and really easy to do! x
These sound yummy! If i can get my hands on some plain yogurt I’ll definitely give a try! X
They sound really delicious – I have never baked cupcakes with granola in – I shall have to try this out as my girls would love them! #TastyTuesdays
My Family Ties recently posted…Rose Biscuits – My Family Ties
These do sound good, and simple enough to make, too. Will give them a go, thanks!
thereadingresidence recently posted…10 Top Social Media Tips From Bloggers
I do love a simple recipe, especially as O insists on helping mummy make cakes!
This sounds so yummy and I love your food styling too hunny. Looks like you took some great tips from BlogCamp. #tastytuesdays
Jenny recently posted…Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
Thanks Jenny, I’m really trying to make more of an effort with my photos. There’s no reason for the pumpkin other than its Halloween on Friday! x
Ooh yum, I would like one for breakfast now please!! xx
Potty Mouthed Mummy recently posted…Making Paper Pumpkins for Halloween
Ooh these sound very yummy. Will have to give these a try at some point 🙂
Louise recently posted…Review – Ninky Nonk Musical Activity Train
Yum, honey and granola, really like the sound of these 🙂 #tastytuesdays
Sara (@mumturnedmom) recently posted…The Truth About: when naps end
I find it more fun when I bake cupcakes than real bigger cakes. This one looks so easy and yummy! #TastyTuesdays
Merlinda Little (@pixiedusk) recently posted…A Walk In A Park
I love the fact that having granola in these means you can get away with having them for breakfast – hurray! I always love a cakey start to the day 😉
Love how healthy and tasty they are! Thanks for linking up to #tastytuesdays
Honest mum recently posted…Elves and the Shoemaker at the Northern Ballet
Think i have this book too, will have to look this out, sounds yummy #tastytuesdays
Stacey Guilliatt (Nobody Said It Was Easy) recently posted…Review – Lapland Mailroom personalised Santa letter