Before having Little O I took a lot for granted. I thought I knew how my life would change when I had children but nothing quite prepares you for the change to pretty much every aspect of your life.
Normal, everyday things I used to do without thinking are now considered a luxury and can honestly make my day. Here’s my luxury list, if I can get at least one of these a day I’m happy.
- Straightening my hair without a 2 year old hanging off my leg
- Straightening my hair, full stop!
- Watching any grown up television before 7pm
- Driving without answering “what’s that mummy?” every 2 minutes
- Being able to choose my clothes, O is obsessed with shutting doors so I have to grab what I can quickly before the door is banged shut.
- Food shopping on my own, and being able to actually browse rather than it being like an episode of Supermarket Sweep to get out of there as quickly as possible
- Having a meal out past 6pm
- Knowing where my make up is, rather than having to hunt down my blusher because O thought it looked fun to play with.
- Going to the toilet on my own
- Having a shower on my own
- Going out without a single toy/nappy/wipe in my bag
- Knowing people’s names, rather than referring to them as Benjamin’s mummy
- Having dessert, O has a 2 course attention span of we go out, a pudding is always out of the question 🙁
I’m sure if I sit here any longer I could probably add another 20 or so things to the list, but I’d love to hear your thoughts. What would be on your Mummy/Daddy luxury list?