After having O we kept all of our baby purchases. Moses basket, baby rocker, changing bag, nursery furniture, we have it all. For that reason we can’t really justify buying it all new again when there is nothing wrong with what we have, but that doesn’t stop a girl from looking does it? There are so many beautiful items out there which weren’t around when I had O, or I just wasn’t aware of.
Just for fun here are a few of my favourite baby items that would be top of my shopping list if we were starting from scratch, my newborn wish list. Family are already asking what they can buy our new arrival so we may find a couple of these items coming our way soon.
- Pink Lining Zebra Holdall (£75) How adorable is this bag? Wouldn’t it just be perfect for your stay in hospital. As I am having a planned section I know I will be in hospital for at least one overnight stay and pretty multi-coloured zebras would be a lot more fun than my boring blue mini-case.
- Snuzpod Bedside Crib (£199.95 with mattress) Ahh, the snuzpod, the is one of my favourite what I want items, but I haven’t managed to convince my husband that we need to spend £200 on one when we have a perfectly good Moses basket in the attic. With 12 weeks to go there’s still time to try and convince him but I’m not holding out much hope.
- Babybjorn Bouncer (£124.95) I had seen these when I was pregnant with O but only after my in-laws had already bought him a swinger seat from Mamas and Papas that we thought would do a similar sort of job. One of my biggest regrets was not returning the M&P swing and swapping it for this. O hated the swing and was really restless everytime he was in it. In the end he only used it a handful of times, so this may be one item of my wish list that we do invest in.
- We Made Me Wuti Wrap (£49.99) We borrowed my brothers Baby Bjorn sling when we had O but to be honest I never felt that he was that comfortable in it so it was rarely used. I really like the idea of baby wearing this time, especially with a 4 year old to keep happy, and I love the look of this wrap.
- Pacapod Firenze in Putty (£265) I do love a bag, and I may be a little bit in love with this one. I’ve been impressed with the Pacapod bags in the past, and was tempted to get one to replace my much used and slightly battered Pink Lining bag but my mum had already bought me a new changing bag for Christmas so I don’t really need another. Not that I’ve ever let that stop me buying a bag in the past though.
- Grobag Gro-Snug (£22.95) O loved to be swaddled as a newborn and I used his blanket to wrap him up snugly but I always worried about that blankets would come loose in the night and he would be cold. This looks to solve the problem and would make swaddling a whole lot easier.
- Sleepyhead Deluxe Baby Pod (£99) I’ve read about these in magazines and after reading the reviews on them I’m won over. They seem an ideal place for a newborn to nap and I also like how they can be used for tummy time too.
- Aden and Anais Muslin (£19.95 for 3) I’m a huge muslin fan. When I was pregnant the first time I had images of myself holding a sweet tiny newborn with a muslin over my shoulder, and that is how we spent those first few weeks. I did buy a mixture of cheaper and more expensive muslins and found the cheaper ones did discolour and get grubby quite quickly. I hadn’t heard of Aden and Anais until recently, but everyone seems to be raving about them so I may treat myself to a pack.
- Bugaboo Chameleon in Navy (£899) I’m going to finish with the pram of my dreams, I’ve always loved a Bugaboo but this new navy version is gorgeous and would be perfect for a new little boy. With O we had a Maclaren travel system as it was a gift and whilst the buggy part was great I was never a huge fan of the carrycot that came with it. This time by brother has very kindly offered to loan us the Stokke pram he used for my nephew which is virtually brand new so it would be silly to spend almost £1000 on this but still, I can dream about it can’t I?
There we have it, my new born wish list. Do you agree with any of the above and what would be topping your own list? I’d love to know.