Lets face it, toddlers are hard work. When you’ve been up since half 5, have played cars for 2 hours straight and then the grumpy little sods throw their “I’m not tired” strop because they are, in fact, bloody knackered they can start to wear you down.
But then they will do or say something that reminds you your toddler is your bestest little bud:
1. They tell you look beautiful, when you know damn well you don’t. Unwashed hair, no make-up and those trackies that really should have been binned a year ago is certainly not a good look, but your two year old doesn’t see any of that, they still think you look fab.
2. Whilst their favourite food is chicken nuggets and beans they will think you are the most awesome cook ever. Just don’t ever burn the pizza, they’ll never let you forget it and will give them a fear of black food for the next 10 years!
3. They may be waking you up at 5:15am but they are waking you up with a kiss.
4. You have a coffee shop buddy to chat to over a slice of cake (provided you can get them to sit still in the chair long enough!)
5. And they ALWAYS want to chat to you. Fair enough, 90% of what they say might be madness but they will tell you everything! Cue lots of conversations about wee wee & poo poo!
6. They’re the perfect excuse to spend a lazy afternoon on the couch watching Frozen.
7. Remember when you used to go out to pubs & clubs (I know it’s been a while, but try to think back) and you went to the toilet as a pair with your bestie. Those days are back!
8. They’re always around to lend a hand when you need it.
9. Toddlers may not enjoy shopping but they will be brutally honest with their opinions of your latest purchase. “Pretty, pretty” is a keeper, “No, Mummy, not like it!” Back to the shop it is!
10. You may have had a shit day at work, your other half is driving you potty but when it comes to down to it your toddler will always be on hand to tell you they love you, give you a big (generally sloppy) kiss and put a smile on your face.
So when you’ve just got in the shower and they run in to tell you they need a poo, or the Playdoh has been mashed into your new rug try to remember a couple of these points, and give your mini mate a cuddle!