Disclosure: This is a collaborative post.
Everyone is doing their best to stay cozy indoors while the cold draft blows over our homes. However, one way to keep things optimistic during lazy Januaries is to look forward to the beautiful springtime! In about a month or two, the cold will recede, giving way to fresh bloom and the beautiful period of spring. One of the most awaited days in cold Indiana for all of us is those where we can store away the heavy winter clothing and prep our home for lighter and sunnier days! Today, this blog will talk about the things you can do in order to put yourself back in the mood to get things done this month!
- Prepare for spring cleaning: Once the snow melts off, it’s time to assess the damage done and quickly repair things. These include your roof and garden area. You may find broken tiles or clogged pipes which may be the byproduct of the temperature change. It would be more cost-effective to get a roof inspection in Indiana by the experts if you don’t have the right tools to make immediate repairs!
- Change your home decor: Your home may currently be completely carpeted and insulated to stay warm. Prepare the fresh linens and sheer curtains for spring and plan your deep cleaning in advance so that you can jump into action without prolonging the inevitable. One way to motivate yourself is to think of all the pollen that will stick on thicker upholstery!
- Declutter your belongings: Spring is a time when everything feels airy and lighter, and we should learn a thing or two from these seasons. Take the time to declutter your belongings like your wardrobe, drawers and cabinets to remove things that are no longer sparking joy from within!
- Plan family hikes and picnics: One of the most effective ways to keep the entire family feeling excited and positive is by giving them something to look forward to. You can start by planning upcoming hikes and picnics where you can take advantage of the freshly blooming greenery. Some of the most beautiful landscapes are available locally and await to make your day brighter!
- Start an exercise regime: The next thing we know, it will soon be spring and fast forward into summer. Time flies when we’re busy, and if you want to have that amazing summer body for beach season, it’s time to start now! Don’t give yourself the excuse of not wanting to step out in the cold for gym time! Enrol yourself on online challenges and training sessions that can be done from the comfort of your home.
The period after the festive season is where we all get caught in limbo. It takes some time to get back to our routine after a month of relaxing and no schedules. As schools and work start again, we all need a little pick me up since the cold seems to be neverending! We hope this blog helps you stay upbeat and look forward to the beautiful season just around the corner!