For the first time in a very long time the husband and I are off on a European city break. It was something we used to do frequently before we had the boys. We tended to go in the Easter holidays and would pick a city to visit and would head off for a few nights.
Barcelona was a city my husband had always wanted to visit, and with him turning the big 4-0 this summer we have booked a couple of night there without the children. We had booked to go in May but with the house only due to being finished in May we have moved it back to July.
Two full days and nights in the Spanish sunshine child-free, to say I am excited is on understatement. I have been busy planning my Barcelona wardrobe as we haven’t booked hold bags for the flights as with only the two of us I don’t think we’ll need it so I need to make sure I am making the most of the limited space we have.
Here’s the new purchases that will be going in my case:
- The jumpsuit – perfect for travelling and so so comfortable.
2. The skirt – this one is a beauty, can be dressed up or down and it has pockets. Always a winner.
3. The shorts – in a desperate attempt to get some colour on my legs, sadly the British weather hasn’t given me the opportunity to wear them yet.
4. The tee – you can’t beat a plain white tee and this pairs up with the shorts for a day sight-seeing.
5. The robe dress – This was a bit of a whimsical buy as I wasn’t too sure what I was going to wear with it but it was too pretty not to buy. I think I may throw it on over my shorts with a vest before heading out for dinner.
The detail on it is just stunning!
6. The maxi dress – this hung around in my basket for a few days as I wasn’t sure the print would suit me but it is a winner and I think I’ll be wearing this to travel home.
I am terrible at packing lightly but the small luggage space is forcing me to focus on what I take rather than throwing in more outfits than I will every get the chance to wear, “just in case”. It is important that I take clothes that were cool and comfortable but could also transition easily from day to night.
I’ve already been trying out some of these looks at home, and the skirt and the jumpsuit are two of my favourite go-to outfits. They are so easy to wear, comfortable enough that I can run around after my two little boys but feeling on-trend at the same time, making for a very happy (and not feeling frumpy) Mum.