1. You’re out with friends and you automatically get the bill at the end of the night to work out how much everyone owes (and they spend the next 2 years taking the piss if you make a mistake!)
2. People insist on telling you how well their young kids can count at any opportunity. It’s lovely to hear, but when I’m off duty I’m not that interested, sorry!
3. You tell people what you do and their reaction is “I hated Maths at school!” Fair enough, I have my moments when I’m not too keen on it myself.
4. Or the alternate response is “ooh, you must be really clever”. Nope, if I was I wouldn’t be getting cheek from spotty teenagers with big attitudes!
5. You will hear at least 14 times a day, “but when will we use this in real-life, miss?” You’re right kids, maths is useless, and employers definitely don’t want people who can count.
6. You get far too excited by a new ruler. I almost had a melt-down when I thought I’d lost mine, it’s quite honestly my favourite item of stationary ever! Very sad, I know!
7. Your “bonus” consists of a graphical calculator!
8. Seeing Daddy Pig using the Quadratic Formula in the episode where Peppa goes to work with Daddy makes your day, and you then show it to your class (who are nowhere near as impressed as you are!)
9. The thought of covering a dance or drama lesson fills you with dread! Too much noise and no desks, my worse nightmare!
10. You have to have a 10th point because I can’t leave it on an odd number. I do this this in class, can’t give the kids an odd number of questions, the only exception is 5 because it’s a round number, if you get what I mean. Oh dear, think I may have a touch of OCD!