Disclosure: This is a collaborative post.
Breast augmentation has been one of the most sought-after cosmetic procedures in the last few decades. Additionally, the number of patients having the procedure of breast augmentation is only set to increase in the 2020s. The reasons are plenty, but body positivity and autonomy are some of the primary reasons why people do not consider cosmetic surgery as a taboo subject anymore. These procedures are now openly spoken about and discussed. Today, we’re going to take a look at why breast augmentation is a boon to the cosmetic world. To know more, read along!
- Maternity may make breasts sag: Since childbearing can take a toll on the entire female anatomy, breasts are no exception to this phase of life. Breastfeeding can change the shape and size of breasts, and as time passes, they may sag or flatten, as a result of losing elasticity and mass. Breast augmentation procedures made to lift and tuck the tissue can help one find their confidence again.
- Increasing the size of breasts: Many people that identify with the female body wish to have a certain shape or size of breasts. While not everyone has heavier breasts, augmentation is a cosmetic procedure that uses implants or body fat to increase the density of the breasts. People usually use silicone or saline-based implants, which are added using an incision under the breasts.
- Uneven breast shapes: On average, no two breasts are perfectly symmetrical in shape. However, the difference between the left and right breasts at times can span across cup sizes, making it challenging for the person to wear flattering clothes or lingerie. In such instances, breast augmentation by Dr. Garrett Wirth can help and even out the shape of both breasts, giving perfect symmetry which provides a very attractive body aesthetic.
- Augmentation for breast cancer survivors: Breast cancer survivors often have to amputate one or both of their breasts as a life-saving procedure. As unfortunate as it is, the impact of such procedures impacts more than just the physical appearance of survivors. For one, some may find it difficult to come to terms with the loss of a body part that defines their femininity in a personal stance. Breast augmentation can be a new lease of life for such candidates, who wish to have their former physique. Modern cosmetology has now made it possible to recreate the breast’s form after a mastectomy.
- Cosmetic augmentation for the trans community: Not everyone who identifies as a woman has breasts, which is where the magic of cosmetic surgeries lends a helping hand. For people who have not felt represented authentically in their body from birth, breast augmentation and gender reassignment are two of the most crucial surgeries. Not only does breast augmentation in this instance offer a new beginning, but it also enables the trans community to break taboos to cosmetic healthcare.
Cosmetology, which was unfairly not given the same importance as general medicine and surgery is now receiving the attention it deserves. We hope that this information leads to many more healthy discussions about breast augmentation.