I’ve always shied away from writing down what my blogging goals are. Partly because I didn’t really focus on what those goals would be and partly out of fear of putting myself out there. I was afraid of writing them down and then failing miserably at them. Somewhere inside is still that insecure, self-conscious teenager who worries too much what people think of her. With a new year I feel like it’s time for a new me and that it is time to put myself out there a little bit more, focus on what I want and get off the couch and make it happen.
So here are my goals and what I would like to achieve with my blog over the next 12 months:
- Set myself a writing schedule and stick to it – I’ve been blogging three and a half years and for the past twelve months have dipped pretty much in and out of it. I’m a thought pops into my head, write and press publish kind of blogger. And that’s fine but it means that some weeks I’ll post several times and then nothing for the next couple. I would like to schedule more so that my posts are more regular.
- Be more social – When I first started I spent a lot more time on social media and more time commenting on other posts and joining linkies and that has tailed off and I miss the interaction. Hopefully now that G sleeps through the night and generally goes to bed at around 7:30ish I’ll have more time in the evenings to do this.
- Improve my photography – Truth to be told, I’m a bit lazy. I quite often snap photos which I know aren’t great because I can’t be bothered to go and get the big camera or move into better light. When I do make that effort the pictures are so much nicer and reminds me that I need to make that effort more often. I still have my Busy Girls Guide to Digital Photography on the shelf and I need to spend some time going back through it.
- Increase my Instagram followers – This is a big one for me, I love Instagram and it links into Goal 3 of improving my photos. Please pop over and follow if you aren’t already.
- Take some time to get my head around Pinterest – I really don’t have a clue!
- Reply to comments – I know this doesn’t bother a lot of people but I think it’s lovely when bloggers reply to comments. I understand that this isn’t always the time and often people don’t go back and read the replies but it is something I would like to do.
- A change in direction – I don’t really have a niche, I tend to write what pops into my head and there will still be a lot of that going on I’m sure, but I would like to include more fashion and home posts on the blog. One of my personal targets for 2017 is to experiment a little more with style and I’d love to write about that on the blog.
- To increase earnings from my blog – When I return to work at the end of February I have reduced my hours to work three days a week (yay!). I would love to be able to earn the equivalent of that one day a week that I would have made being at school from my blog.
A part of me still can’t believe that three and a bit years later I’m still writing this blog, I do have a habit of quitting things quite easily. Despite falling frequently in and out of love with blogging it’s something I’m just not ready to give up yet and actually it’s something I would like to spend more time on this year.
I’m still a little nervous putting these goals out there and maybe I won’t achieve any of them. Maybe I will, but I know it is up to me to make these things happen.
Have you set yourself any blogging goals for 2017? I’d love to hear what they are! xx