Since becoming a mum my memory is pretty much shot to pieces. My husband would point out it was fairly crap to start off with, but now it’s horrendous. If it’s not on a to do lists, there’s a 97% chance I won’t remember it.
Yesterday’s to do list consisted of this:
- Clean and reorganise kitchen cupboards
- Sort out my school bag ready for Monday
- Go shopping for a 2 years old birthday present
- Print out a picture of O to go in our new frame
- Go to the birthday party of the 2 year old mentioned above
- Get on top of the ironing
- Meet hubby for a drink in the pub with O
- Make home made pizzas for tea
and this is what we actually did yesterday
- Went to the hospital for an out of hours GP appointment for O
- Spent the rest of the day having cuddles on the couch
- Rang for Chinese takeaway
Some times when you’re a mum your to do list goes out the window because a little person needs you. I’m a bit sad we didn’t make the birthday party but it wouldn’t be fair to risk passing on O’s germs, not the present they would have wanted. As for the rest of the list, well, the kitchen cupboards will still need cleaning next Saturday!