I’ll be the first to admit I’ve not been the biggest fan of soft play centres. But as the weather is taking a turn for the worst and I have a very active almost 3 year old I’m starting to see they have their benefits.
1. You can get a cup of (admittedly, not so great) coffee and entrance all for under a fiver during the week. Bargain!
2. They have free craft time, which means your little one can make as much mess as they like and you don’t have to clean it up.
3. Where else can you play on the trampoline and have a ride on the big slide without looking like a bit of a weirdo!
4. As long as your son/daughter isn’t the one kicking off you can feel a bit smug (and relieved) that it isn’t your turn to carry your toddler out kicking and screaming because they don’t want to leave.
5. If you’re lucky you may get a few minutes peace to make contact with the outside world (thank god for wi-fi) whilst your little one runs up and down like a loony.
6. Bribery is everything, and it’s amazing how well behaved a 2 year old will be around Tesco with the promise of a trip to the play centre at the end.
7. Free balloons on sticks, enough said!
8. And the cherry on the cake is that if you get your timing right and head home at just the right time you’ll get a get good couple of hours of napping because after all that running around they’re bloomin’ knackered!
So yes, my heart may sink a little as we pull into the car park but every cloud has a silver lining and all that! Now please don’t let O be the one who screams the place down at home time!